[Skip to Content]
Glossary of Terms
- building refurbishment
- Working on existing buildings to improve their aesthetics, performance, suitability, sustainability.
- CSCS cards
- A card held by construction site workers as a means of identity and proof of competence to carry out their work on site.
- environmental performance
- How we perform environmentally compared to bench marks set against National policy categories.
- interior construction
- Internal building works to include construction, refurbishment and refits.
- NVQ qualified
- Work based training and assessment to prove competence in a chosen field.
- planned maintenance
- Scheduled maintenance visits carried out by competent and suitable personnel.
- project management
- The undertaking and overseeing of a project from start to finish to reach specific goals.
- property maintenence
- The upkeep of a property or a building.
- The restoration of a building to its former good condition or a complete make over.
- retail sector
- A sector of the economy comprised of individuals or companies engaged in the selling of finished products to the end user.
- The trade of fitting out retail shops and stores with equipment, fixtures and fittings.
- specialist paint finishes
- Paint finishes where a more sophisticated paint finish is required to compliment a room and its architecture by using a variety of different techniques.